1. Unfortunately the sport of Paintball has died a slow death during the recession and it has severely affected the numbers of people who can play. Either from a financial point of view or for the amount of players who immigrated. With no players, the community is dead. I will leave the site here in for as long as possible as an archive as to the great community that we had during 2005 - 2010. Maybe one day... it will be back. Regards, Richie

10 Years in Paintball in Ireland for me

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Richie, May 5, 2015.

1. Richie

Richie Administrator Staff Member

Just thought I would log in and check up on things..... I obviously haven't missed much.

2005 was the year that I first got into paintball... so just thought I would mention that. It was the time of the revival of the IV's organised by TCD that year... won by ourselves of course ( DIT)

Things took off from there really and we had a good 5 years of growth and then boom... it kind of all fell to shit really. Paintballer.ie was made in 2006, so that has another year to go. It was formally irish-paintball.net ... who remembers that!!!

Anyways... thats all for now. I am prob talking to my self here :)
  2. sparky55ie

sparky55ie 'Merc Mob'

ah i check it now and again in the hopes somthing is going to pick up again, well there is a few games in the works. and we have a few heading over to the uk this year for games
  3. paullogan

paullogan Member

Were all still ere mate ! Waiting for better times ! Glad to have been apart of the community and and have some great friends , as a direct result of this webpage !

Long live cold blooded painters
    sparky55ie likes this.
  4. sparky55ie

sparky55ie 'Merc Mob'

ya we all hope something will kick of again soon, we have a few heading over to england next week.

hopefully something will happen soon, would love to get a run out with everyone again
  5. cassells

cassells Member

I still pop in now and again to see what's happening not much though anyone need anything from the states let me know!!!
  6. Ravin_sk

Ravin_sk Active Member

ya I still pop in now and again, and I am Glad to have been a part of the paintball community.... I have paint in my blood and always will :)
  7. Colm

Colm Ignore the titles

Calling bullshit there Richie! 2004/2005 Intervarsities was in held in Kilkenny and won by none other than yours truly and the notorious Griffith College Dublin Paintball team. DIT won 2006, not 2005 buddy. Revival of the IV's, tisk, there was never a gap back then.

I was clearing some stuff out of the house and found 5 of my Dublin Reapers jerseys and one Assala jersey from through the years; it made me miss the good old days :)

Aye, twas annoying the way things went and they just fell apart. Regardless, I've fond memories of everyone and all the time spent, just not too fond of the money spent side of things!

Actually, does anyone have any idea where my London Nexus jersey is?!

You should get that checked out Gary! ;)